Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day

April Fools Day. If were only that easy. Thirty days ago mom was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer at Stage IV.  March 2nd was no April Fools.
But today was, and oh how far we've been in that time. This blog/diary is something I probably should have started on the first day.  Although until the last few days there really hasn't been much time to do anything other that the bare minimum of going through the motions. So, there's probably more details and stories to add at another time to bring you from then to now.
For tonight, I wanted to start because I know there's things I'll want to remember, read back on.
Today's milestones:  Mom shaved her hair because it was coming out in the size of small birds nests each day.  The Mattson kids spent most of the day catching turtles in Pebble Lake. I went for a run around Lake Alice and back. It's Sunday night and I'm sleeping at the foot of mom's bed on a blow up mattress, as I'm here to spend the week.
Today's blessings: Nancy loving cut and shaved mom's hair in the sunshine of their kitchen. Dave, Kent and I looked on, while Missy and Liz played a board game.

No comments: