Mom has said, more than once, that in the morning before she's fully awake, and still in bed, for a fleeting moment she thinks to herself 'there must be a mistake, I'm not really as ill as they say, I feel too good. Maybe they've read the scans wrong'. Her friend Susan said she thinks this time is a little slice of peace that God gives to you in order for you to be able to handle your circumstances.
Today, when looking at mom rummaging around in her kitchen I had one of those slices of peace. She looked healthy, with energy and a light in her voice that I remember from before the diagnosis. It didn't last long, but it was a peace I hadn't felt in a month, no matter how brief.
Today's blessing: The nurses and healthcare providers at LRHC that handle mom with love and respect, and give her preferential treatment anytime its possible.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment